In the increasingly complicated world of tax law, where the only constant seems to be permanent change, our expert multi-disciplinary team steers a steady course through the complexity.
Business Law Chamber advises domestic and foreign corporations, joint ventures, partnerships, funds, and venture capital investors on tax aspects of business transactions in India. Our tax lawyers play an integral part in the firm's transactions practice, often teaming with our corporate lawyers to find innovative, tax-sensitive solutions to satisfy client business needs. We offer a broad range of tax services, both direct and indirect, in which it combines insight and innovation with industry knowledge to help businesses remain compliant as well as competitive. The Tax practice offers the entire range of services to multinationals, domestic corporations, and individuals in designing, implementing and defending their overall tax strategy.
DIRECT TAX ADVISORY& REGULATORY SERVICES
Broadly, we provide the following Direct Tax services to our clients:
- Tax Advisory services including structuring of foreign investment in India, grant of stock options to employees, structuring of domestic and cross-border transactions, advising on off-shore structures for India focused funds and advise on contentious tax issues under domestic tax Indian laws such as succession planning for individuals and family settlements.
- Transfer pricing including review of transfer pricing issues in intra-group services and various agreements, risk assessment and mitigation of exposure in existing structures and compliances and review of Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs).
- Litigation and representation support before the concerned.
- Examining potential permanent establishment (PE) exposures in India. We have advised foreign clients and built business models for them that mitigate the PE exposure in India.
- We represent clients before the tax and regulatory authorities and before the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal, various High Courts and Supreme Court of India. We strive to resolve tax disputes at the Revenue Audit stage itself. We also assist our clients in achieving effective closure of tax matters with the tax authorities and in obtaining lower withholding tax certificates and tax refunds.
- We assist in framing and developing optimum remuneration structures for local and expatriate employees, along with developing robust documentary and administrative safeguards including employee policies, based on the organisation’s needs.
INDIRECT TAX ADVISORY
Our indirect tax service offering includes:
- Review of the business model and supply chain
- Central Excise
- Customs and Service Tax Regulations
- Goods and Service Tax Regulations
- State VAT and Central Sales Tax Regulations
- Determination of applicable taxes and availability of tax benefits/exemptions
- Analysis of applicability of schemes in the Foreign Trade Policy
- Advice on incentives granted to EOUs, STP units or SEZ units, etc.
- Litigation and representation support before the concerned authorities and before the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal, various High Courts and Supreme Court of India.